Wesley College seeks to ensure the safest environment possible for the welfare of the entire community. During these unprecedented times, we have needed to make some changes in order to maintain the wellbeing for all community members.
Being a part of the Wolverine community means that each of us must take extraordinary steps to stay well and persistently protect each other, on campus and in the community. Accountable together, I pledge to take responsibility for my own health, the protection of others and help keep the Wesley community safe from the spread of COVID-19 and other infections as identified and instructed by the College.
Therefore, as a member of the Wesley Community, I recognize the importance of the guidelines listed below and will adhere to the following:
- I agree to complete the self-screening health survey, each day, via MyWesley.edu and only proceed to campus and/or class when I am cleared to do so.
- I will follow and abide by in-place protocols to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- I will wear a face covering whenever transiting through campus, in campus buildings, when in an enclosed room with somebody else, actively involved inside a campus building, while in the dining hall (unless seated and eating) or picking up food or outside when at least six feet of social separation cannot be guaranteed.
- I will practice social distancing – keeping six feet from others – whenever possible, and avoiding large public gatherings – especially indoors. Additionally:
- Elevator use should be minimized as much as possible. Elevators in academic buildings will be for faculty and staff only, unless there is a medical reason requiring the need for a student to use an elevator instead of the stairs.
- Only three individuals may utilize the College Center elevator at any given time (the restriction of two remains in effect for all other campus elevators) and face coverings must be worn, and at least six feet of social separation must be maintained.
- Wash hands regularly, as well as use the hand sanitizer dispensers that are available in all Wesley College campus buildings.
- Avoid touching your face, nose and mouth and avoid rubbing your eyes, and practice proper coughing or sneezing etiquette.
- If I have had contact with someone with the virus or I am not feeling well in anyway, I will contact my health care provider for guidance, and I will self-isolate at home for at least 14 days before coming to campus.
- My ID will be on my person and visible when I am on campus.
- I promise to limit social interaction off campus and to follow safe social distancing and face covering practices when leaving the College to work, exercise, etc. in order to maintain the safety of my peers at Wesley College.
I recognize that I have read all these guidelines and I am agreeing to follow this code in order to maintain the safety of myself and the Wesley College Community.