To ensure the safety and wellbeing of yourself as well as the Campus Community, you will be required to self-screen/monitor by performing a Daily Health Screening/COVID-19 Checklist. You can access the Daily Health Screening/COVID-19 Checklist via My.Wesley.edu
and click on the “COVID PASS” button located on the upper left hand corner of the page. You will need to complete the Daily Health Screening/COVID-19 Checklist before leaving home or dorm room and arriving on campus each day. The Daily Health Screening/COVID-19 Checklist is a series of five questions that if you answer no to all five questions you will be cleared to proceed to campus and/or class.
Concerns Identified in Daily Health Screening
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html) such as fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, loss of smell or taste, etc., call your health care provider for guidance and additional screening.
- If you have any symptoms of respiratory infections such as fever, shortness of breath, severe sore throat, or muscle aches, call your health care provider for guidance and potential screening.
- Additionally, even if your health care provider does not test you for COVID-19, you should not come to campus until at least seven (7) days after symptoms have been resolved.
- Contact the Wellness Center at 302-736-2521 or via email at email@example.com and also notify the Dean of Students Office at 302-736-2443 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Faculty and Staff, who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms should contact Human Resources via Dawn.Howard-Bailey@wesley.edu or 302-736-2306.